Top Restaurant Industry Statistics Every Restaurateur Should Know
Did you know there are a plethora of options in the food and beverage sector to help you grow your business? Of course you did, but there are details, such as restaurant industry data, that provide a closer look at what goes on behind the scenes.
The sector has seen dramatic transformations in the recent several years. Many companies closed their doors, while others succeeded and became statistics in the restaurant sector.
Similarly, statistics on almost every aspect of the restaurant sector may be found online. The quantity of food waste, as well as the precise percentages on Covid-19, have an influence on corporate operations, as well as user purchasing tendencies, and vice versa.
Even if you are not a restaurant owner or a future restaurant owner, you may benefit from the information provided by restaurant industry statistics. As an employee or a career-oriented person, you, for example, want reliable knowledge on restaurant sector data that relate to job possibilities.
In this article, we’ve highlighted several recent restaurant industry data that have a tremendous impact on your online/offline food company.
- The restaurant industry’s expected worth has been reduced to $659 billion in sales in 2020, down from an early estimate of $899 billion. The COVID-19 pandemic was responsible for this $240 billion damage. (Dive into the Restaurant)
- As of January 2021, there has been a 65.91 percent year-on-year reduction in customers dining in restaurants in the United States as a result of the COVID-19 epidemic. (Statista)
- The restaurant business accounts for 51 percent of the food dollar in the United States (NRA Restaurant Industry Facts at a Glance)
- The percentage rise in debt for limited-service restaurants was 8.1 percent between 2019 and 2020. (AlixPartners)
- There are nearly one million restaurants in the United States. (Organic Restaurant Group)
- Prior to the pandemic, the restaurant business in the United States had a 74.9 percent yearly turnover rate. [Source]
- Only 5% of employees in the United States stated they were dissatisfied with their jobs.
- 9 out of 10 restaurant managers began their careers as waiters or waitresses.
- The average age of restaurant employees in the United States is 28.8, and 30% of all restaurant employees rated their job satisfaction as a 9 out of 10.
- In the United States, the average hourly wage for a restaurant worker is $11.54.
- Chefs in the United States make an average of $15.08 per hour.
- In the United States, the median compensation for restaurant management is $55,516 per year.
- Restaurant employees in the United Kingdom earn an average of £25,161 a year.
- Chefs in the United Kingdom make an average of £10.16 per hour.
- Restaurant demand is still strong, with 39% of adults not eating on-premises at restaurants as often as they would like.
- When opposed to purchasing an item from a store, 78 percent of millennials say they would rather spend money on an experience, such as a restaurant or other activity.
- If given the option, 41% of customers would purchase a take-home meal box from their favorite restaurant.
- The main criteria in deciding which restaurant to attend is good quality cuisine, according to 72 percent of guests. Surprisingly, just 48% indicated value was the most important consideration to them.
- A patron is more likely to utilize a restaurant’s website than a third-party service like Grubhub when placing an online order.
Indolj provides the ultimate digital menu solutions including ultimate online ordering systems and food ordering apps. For more information, please call at 0315-8298955 or visit our website at www.indolj.pk.